Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:11:58 GMT
> Why MS and most open source projects don't use the 2.0 version?

part of the reason may be that it isn't finished yet. It is still a
working draft and will hopefully reach recommendation stage early this
year.

Some implementors (most famously Microsoft with IE5) got a lot of bad
press by implementing an early draft of a language which they then felt
they had to support long after the language was standardised. It's not
surprising that fewer early implementations appeared this time round.

That said, this is all guesswork I have no more knowledge of
implementation plans than anyopne else. (altova and gexslt are the other
announced, available, xslt2 engines that I know about, although I always
use saxon, personally.)

David