Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0, using Schema-aware features

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0, using Schema-aware features
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:03:02 +0530
this is certainly a very insightful answer :)

On 1/12/07, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could someone indicate the best source of info describing this > workflow

I don't know of any existing sources  but no doubt people here could
speculate on good practice.

I think it depends a bit on how much you really want to use schema
features.

If you just want to validate input and result for example, I think it
should be fairly easy to set up stylesheet defined functions or named
templates that use validation, or don't depending on whether the engine
is schema-aware, then in the rest of the stylesheet you can just use
these functions without having explict schema-aware tests everywhere.

If on the other hand you not only want to validate the input to check for correctness, but also want to annotate the input tree with type information and use that in template matching and to avoid explict casting when calling fuunctions (as the input already has the right type, such as a date type for example) then I think the only answer could be don't do that. A basic level processor not only can't call the schema validator, it's not allowed to use a type annotated tree from any source (whicle acting at that conformance level).

David

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi