Re: [xsl] Pivot Reports

Subject: Re: [xsl] Pivot Reports
From: "James A. Robinson" <jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:35:12 -0800
> So why is no-one answering?
>
> In my case, I stopped answering questions involving Muenchian grouping a
> couple of years ago. I just find it too painful to use XSLT 1.0 for this
> kind of problem (unless someone is paying me, of course). It's a shame,
> though, if none of the "experts" on the list is prepared to use the legacy
> technology any more, because a lot of users will be saddled with it for some
> time to come.

Well, as a non-expert I took a stab at it, and I hope the experts
will provide solutions as well.  I had to make a few assumptions in
my attempted solution (e.g., assuming data sorted by column and row
in order to get the "unique rows" for a given pivot, and assuming the
first pivot provides a master template w/re to the number of rows),
and I figure there will be a better way -- but I'm out of time. :)

I tend to try and answer problems which are going to prove a challenge,
ones where the solution isn't obvious to me.  I also tend to answer
simple questions in areas where I know I had trouble when I was first
learning XSLT.

I really wish browsers would just get on with supporting XSLT 2.0,
I don't ever want to have to deal with XSLT 1.0 in *my* shop!

Jim

James A. Robinson                       jim.robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Stanford University HighWire Press      http://highwire.stanford.edu/
+1 650 7237294 (Work)                   +1 650 7259335 (Fax)