Re: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 04:01:02 -0700
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:24:04 -0700, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It seems that no-one has drawn the attention of the list to

No, not on the list, but most certainly elsewhere > http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/01/i_heart_xml_team.html

Setting aside the obvious "fun with words" of the above linked post, since
it seems that there are those willing to ignore how much effort went into
bringing this event into fruition, let me please direct you to the chain
of events that led to this announcement,

http://blogs.msdn.com/mfussell/archive/2004/05/13/130969.aspx#131159
http://blogs.msdn.com/mfussell/archive/2004/05/13/130969.aspx#163580
http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/2005/03/saxonnet_10_rc1.html
http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/2005/05/first_real_saxo.html
http://www.xsltblog.com/archives/2006/02/saxonsaxonnet_v.html

I think Mike Champion said it best,
[http://blogs.msdn.com/xmlteam/archive/2007/01/29/xslt-2-0.aspx#1561267]

"And we worried that M. David would hate us because XSLT2 wouldn't ship in
Orcas :=)"

When you consider that 3 years ago, XSLT 2.0 at MSFT was dead, and XQuery
was king, to now realize that the exact opposite is the case...

Well, a lot of people deserve credit for helping to make all of this
happen.  I'll let you fill in the blanks as to who those people are from
here...

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson