RE: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 11:27:10 -0000
> Well, a lot of people deserve credit for helping to make all
> of this happen.  I'll let you fill in the blanks as to who
> those people are from here...

I suspect that apart from the very public dialogue conducted through blogs
and forums like this one, there was quiet pressure from IT directors of
large corporations through their Microsoft sales reps. Who knows which had
the greater influence? My guess is that's it's probably the combined effect
of both. Unfortunately, the blanks in the story will probably never all be
filled in. But it's the outcome that matters. (And of course, the final
outcome is a product, not just a decision and an informal announcement.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/