Re: [xsl] &

Subject: Re: [xsl] &
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:27:58 GMT
> I have a xml document with:

><NODE n="1" url="url1" visible_url="url2?escape&amp;amp;chars"></NODE>
>..

this is almost certainly a mistake in the input and if you have control
over the generation of these files, you should fix the generator to
produce
<NODE n="1" url="url1" visible_url="url2?escape&amp;chars"></NODE>

> and it's ok;
> the problem is the onmouseover attribute where I get:

disable-output-escaping is defined to do nothing in attribute values.
It's almost always a bad idea to use d-o-e in any case.

you need to replace &amp; by &, in XSLT2, you could use

select="replace(@visible_url,'&amp;amp;',' &amp;')"

in XSLT1 you could use one of the many replace templates posted to this
list, or the faq to do the same transformation.

David