[xsl] convert nested elements, ID's and classes to CSS declaration

Subject: [xsl] convert nested elements, ID's and classes to CSS declaration
From: xslt user <xsltacct@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:36:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

I searched for this all over and couldn't find a
solution.  I want to take the following XML:

<root>
	<file>
		<element/>
	</file>
	<file id="a">
		<element id="a"/>
	</file>
	<file class="b">
		<element class="b"/>
	</file>
	<file id="c" class="d" not="1" this="2">
		<element id="c" class="d" not="1" this="2"/>
	</file>
</root>

#### and output something this ####

root
root file
root file element
root file #a
root file #a element #a
root file .b
root file .b element .b
root file #c .d
root file #c .d element #c .d

#### ignoring any attributes that are not "id" or
"class" and containing all ancestor elements and id's
and classes no matter what the element name is or how
many levels deep.  I'd like to use this for auto
generating CSS declarations from XHTML snipits, I can
deal with removing redundant rows manually.  Below is
the closest I've gotten which only strips the XML to
the elements and attributes I'm interested in, but
doesn't format it or list ancestor elements, id's and
classes (I'm a beginner at XSLT) thanks! ####

<xsl:template match="node()|@id|@class">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@id|@class"/>
</xsl:copy>