RE: [xsl] document() and key() boundaries.

Subject: RE: [xsl] document() and key() boundaries.
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:09:26 -0000
> Thanks Mike, comments are certainly appreciated. However, the
> problem is that I can not predit the file name of the
> base.xml document. This, at least to me seems like a
> prerequisite for the dummy for-each call. Right?

Not at all, any expression that evaluates to the root node of the document
you want to search will do equally well - it could be a global variable for
example. (However, a single call on the key() function will only search one
document, and you need to know which document you want to search - that's
true in both XSLT 1.0 and 2.0).

> Just for my own understanding, which xslt 2.0 processors in
> an ASP or standalone commandline are available?

ASP as in Microsoft ASP.NET presumably?

Saxon 8.x is available in Java and .NET environments and of course directly
from the command line. Other vendors can speak for themselves.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/