Re: [xsl] Act as xsl:next-match in XSLT 1 with xsl:apply-imports (not possible?)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Act as xsl:next-match in XSLT 1 with xsl:apply-imports (not possible?)
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:09:12 +0100
Juergen wrote:
Hi Abel,

i think you don't want import. You want to load each xsl as a xml
File with document function and copy it to the output without the top level
node.

Thanks for the idea. It crossed my mind. But it removes other benefits that importing provides: parameters, template rules etc. In addition, the imported stylesheets really are stylesheets, not XML documents.

Another approach is the two-phase approach: where I create an XSLT document by transformation that automatically creates things things like <xsl:call-template mode="a" /> etc, so that I don't have the two or three places of copied logic.

But that doesn't sound swell to me...

-- Abel