Re: [xsl] state of play with xslt frameworks

Subject: Re: [xsl] state of play with xslt frameworks
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:43:08 -0600
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 06:32:31 -0600, Martynas Jusevicius <martynas.jusevicius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> there is little reason why
> any framework should *be based* on XSLT as such.

Agreed.  I am making *extensive* use of both browser as well as server-side XSLT inside of the Xameleon framework (see: http://extf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/WebApp/ ), which is an Atom Publishing Protocol (based on Amplee) plus Atom-feed to ((X)HTML, XAML, XUL, etc.) personal publishing system, but along with XSLT (Saxon on .NET, System.Xml.Xsl as well as Mvp.Xml) server side, browser specific on the client) we're using C#, Python (via IronPython), and ASP.NET which, technically speaking, can interact with any .NET-enabled language.

That said, given XSLT's document-centric focus, it obviously plays well into the role of rendering documents, which I assume is what the original poster was probably refering to.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155