Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:25:37 +0200
Mark Anderson wrote:
I'm using v8. It's pretty nice; although, there's no debugger, which
means I have to use a second product (right now, Xselerator) to debug.

It has code hinting, syntax highlighting and limited insertabel tags
(for-each, if, comment).

Hopefully someone from Adobe is reading this and will take note :-)

Regards

Mark

Well, I have used it a bit and found it very limited. The lack of automatic error checking in both XSLT and XPath syntax, the lack of info tags for each and every XPath/XSLT function or instruction, the inability to switch processors and the inability to debug are enough reasons for me to not consider it. There are several tools available that can do all that and more, are cheaper, and support XSLT 2.0.

Dreamweaver has its pros, of course, but I believe XSLT editing is not among them. But then again, it is all a matter of taste.

Cheers,
-- Abel