Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dreamweaver XSL Tranforms
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:02:50 +0200
Mark Anderson wrote:
I'm using Xselerator for debugging, but don't like it at all (UI is
horrible and it seems pretty buggy).

Anyone got another suggestion for editors/debuggers,

I can highly recommend Eclipse + oXygen (http://www.oxygenxml.com/), it is fully XSLT 2.0 compatible (with Saxon), supports XML Catalog, XQuery, and XSL-FO and much more, is an (XSLT) debugger, syntax-highlighter, has its own environment (but I use it as plugin in Eclipse), does code-sense (dropdown with suggestions while you type) and give extensive help on each entry while you type. What I find very handy is the static error checking while I type.

Easy one-click run against any XSLT processor, or XSL-FO processor or both and much more. It has some smaller bugs but all-in-all it is very stable (the staff has fast response to inquiries). But I am writing a rave review here, perhaps this is not the place... :)

oXygen is just one of them, others will favor others, I am sure.

Cheers,
-- Abel