Re: [xsl] Preventing CDATA output in XHTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preventing CDATA output in XHTML
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:13:00 -0600
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:30:51 -0600, Manfred Staudinger
<manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

this should read
	doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
	doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";

I have run into several issues with using the XHTML doctype with the DHTML/JavaScript DOM bindings not being recognized. Of course, this has always been in context of client-side transforms, so now that I think of it this may not be the issue I thought it might be.

also, for client-side XSLT always specify
	indent="no"
because MSXML3 adds whitespace to the output

Oh, nice! Didn't realize this. Thanks for the tip!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 |