[xsl] XSLT 2.0: Schema-aware processor: What are the compelling advantages over a non-SA processor?

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 2.0: Schema-aware processor: What are the compelling advantages over a non-SA processor?
From: Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:29:42 +0900
Hello again,

Per my previous post, I've made a significant personal investment in
learning XSLT 2.0.  I use Michael Kay's Saxon 8b (non-SA) processor and
think it absolutely rocks.

To continue on my journey of XSLT enlightenment, I'd like to know what the
compelling reasons are to use an XSLT 2.0 schema-aware processor.  Is Dr.
Kay's/Saxonica'a the only one out there?

Probably I'll purchase a copy anyway, even if for no other reason other
than to show my appreciation for his excellent work and kind open sourcing
of Saxon non-SA.  Unfortunately the last few XSLT contracts I've had have
been on MSXML/XSLT 1.0 shops so I haven't had the benefit of employer
support for XSLT 2.0 let alone a schema-aware processor.

Thanks in advance for feedback,

Justin Johansson
Freelance XML / XSLT / XQuery Developer
Australia