Re: [xsl] Tunnelled params and variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Tunnelled params and variables
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:14:14 -0400
At 2007-07-28 00:24 +0900, Justin Johansson wrote:
What are the use cases for having tunnel="yes" on xsl:params and variables?

I choose to use tunnel="yes" on xsl:param and xsl:with-param when between the current node being matched and a deeply-nested match that needs information from the current node (1) I am unsure which template rules are going to fire, or (2) I have a ton of template rules that will fire, or (3) the built-in template rules are going to fire.

Compared to XSLT 1 where I had to track down all of the template rules and supplant all of the built-in template rules, this is a real convenience for me not to have to identify which template rules need to have the param added (with the associated with-param on every embedded apply-templates), nor have to rewrite the built-in template rules.

It has been a time-saver.

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming public training: XSLT/XSL-FO Sep 10, UBL/code lists Oct 1
Male Cancer Awareness Jul'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc