RE: [xsl] Identity transform on node-set loaded with document()

Subject: RE: [xsl] Identity transform on node-set loaded with document()
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:10:00 +0100
Template rules use a match pattern to identify nodes, and unless you try
really hard to prevent it, they will match nodes in any document. For
example, <xsl:template match="*"> will match any element in any document. So
if you've have written an identity transformation, you can apply it to your
document simply by applying it - <xsl:apply-templates
select="document('abc.xml')/head"/>, for example.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/