Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the Document Function

Subject: Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the Document Function
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:39:53 -0600
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 12:47:48 -0600, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I also think you have a point that there's really no way of knowing how
much client-side XSLT processing is happening.

Obviously not very scientific, but we should be able to at least derive some generalized figures via,

http://www.google.com/search?q=filetype:xsl+%22document(%22 = 21,100
http://www.google.com/search?q=filetype:xslt+%22document(%22 = 30,300
http://www.google.com/search?q=filetype%3Axslt+OR+filetype%3Axsl = 363,000
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%3C%3Fxml-stylesheet =
423,000
http://www.google.com/search?q=%3C%3Fxml-stylesheet+filetype%3Axml = 13,200
http://www.google.com/search?q=%3C%3Fxml-stylesheet+type%3D%22text%2Fxsl%22
= 196,000

Of course what good are numbers if they can't be compared to something
else to provide proper context/perspective,

http://www.google.com/search?q=%3Cscript+type%3D%22text%2Fjavascript%22+filet
ype%3Ahtml
= 1,450,000

... which if you ask me it seems a bit much to assume there are only
1,450,000 documents with an html filetype in which contain the string
<script type="text/javascript", so I think we can safely assume that the
above numbers represent a small fraction of the total number of XML and/or
XSLT documents that contain the various strings suggested above that are
accessible to Googles crawlers.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson