RE: [xsl] xsl:function

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:function
From: <Karanam.Chowdary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:18:10 +0530
The error is "Namespace http://whatever doesn't contain any functions"

-----Original Message-----
From: Abel Braaksma [mailto:abel.online@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:14 PM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karanam.Chowdary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello,
> I m very new to XSL and XML just strtd working 10 days back.
> I hv a problem in using <xsl:function>. What's the name space to be
> given? Shud I give a valid name space which contains the functions?
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="2.0" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> 	xmlns:my="http://whatever"; exclude-result-prefixes="my">
> <xsl:function name="my:one">
> 		<xsl:param name="a"/>
> 		<xsl:param name="b"/>
> 		<xsl:result select="$a+$b"/>
> </xsl:function>
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:value-of select="my:one(1,1)"/>
> What is the mistake here? Am I missing sumthing?

No, you are not missing anything, there is no mistake. Should there be?
Is there an error you get?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

DISCLAIMER:
This message contains privileged and confidential information and is intended
only for an individual named. If you are not the intended recipient, you
should not disseminate, distribute, store, print, copy or deliver this
message. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or
contain viruses. The sender, therefore,  does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of
e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy
version.