Re: [xsl] xsltproc and file names

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsltproc and file names
From: Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordgren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:42:56 +0100
On 4 nov 2007, at 13.38, Abel Braaksma wrote:

Tommy Nordgren wrote:
Version info:
emac$ xsltproc -V
Using libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
libxslt 10117 was compiled against libxml 20626
libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20626
Work Directory: ~ :
I am new to xsl. I need to find out the following info, which I have been unable to locate in
the list archive.
How do I generate an output file name in an xsl stylesheet?

You can't in XSLT 1.0. You can in XSLT 2.0, but then you will have to switch processors to Saxon 8.9 (open source for B-version), Gestalt (open source) or AltovaXML (free, proprietary).

Would you please provide an url for Gestalt? There are too many uses of that name to do a Google Search.
AltowaXML is not useful. It's only for the obsolete Windows OS, as far as I can tell.
------
What is a woman that you forsake her, and the hearth fire and the home acre,
to go with the old grey Widow Maker. --Kipling, harp song of the Dane women
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@xxxxxxxxx