Re: [xsl] xsltproc and file names

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsltproc and file names
From: Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordgren@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:29:45 +0100
On 4 nov 2007, at 13.38, Abel Braaksma wrote:

Tommy Nordgren wrote:
Version info:
emac$ xsltproc -V
Using libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20626, libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813
libxslt 10117 was compiled against libxml 20626
libexslt 813 was compiled against libxml 20626
Work Directory: ~ :
I am new to xsl. I need to find out the following info, which I have been unable to locate in
the list archive.
How do I generate an output file name in an xsl stylesheet?

You can't in XSLT 1.0. You can in XSLT 2.0, but then you will have to switch processors to Saxon 8.9 (open source for B-version), Gestalt (open source) or AltovaXML (free, proprietary).
This can't be right. The docbook chunked xsl stylesheets generates filenames for html.

"Home is not where you are born, but where your heart finds peace" -
Tommy Nordgren, "The dying old crone"
tommy.nordgren@xxxxxxxxx