Re: [xsl] Display RSS grouped by month

Subject: Re: [xsl] Display RSS grouped by month
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:13:24 -0500
Brent,

What have you tried? What have you learned in your researches about the problem? What sorts of impediments have you run up against in solving the problem yourself?

Notwithstanding how some list contributors enjoy the challenge of a new puzzle, the purpose of the list is really to discuss XSLT, that is to shed light on XSLT problems, approaches and applications, rather than serve as a free source of ready-made XSLT solutions.

There are actually a couple of different problems here. I can see the grouping, or the categorizing of the entries by month, as potential difficulties in XSLT 1.0. Depending on how you dealt with the latter problem (which in turn depends on the regularity of your data), the grouping should be amenable to a simple key-based approach.

Cheers,
Wendell