RE: [xsl] Grouping repeating elements within repeating elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping repeating elements within repeating elements
From: Cynthia Arangua <carangua@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:38:00 -0700
All-forget about it, I am going to need to post this through another email!!!
It keeps stripping all the formatting, thank you hotmail.

> From: carangua@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:36:30 -0700
> Subject: RE: [xsl] Grouping repeating elements within repeating elements
>

> All-
>
> I am really sorry about the XML. Evidently hotmail is stripping out all the
formatting when I go from Rich text to plain text so I am going to try to
input it manually here.

------------------

------------------

>>> From: carangua@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:08:37 -0700
>>> Subject: [xsl] Grouping repeating elements within repeating elements
>>>

>>> Hi-
>>>
>>> I have been doing XSLT for about four years now and this input XML has me
a little stumped as to how to implement. I believe I am using Xalan 2.6
(bundled as part of an EMC Documentum product called WebPublisher) and the
only version it supports currently is XSLT 1.0.

>>> Here is the XML input:
>>>
>>> < content>
>>> < type content_type =" Listing "/>
>>> < faq_listing>
>>> < heading> Benefits
>>> < heading> Health
>>> < heading> Medical Coverage
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Medical Coverage - PPO
>>>
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Medical Coverage - HMO
>>>

>>> < faq_listing>
>>> < heading> Benefits
>>> < heading> Health
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Dental
>>>

>>> < faq_listing>
>>> < heading> Benefits
>>> < heading> Financial
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Flexible Spending
>>>

>>> < faq_listing>
>>> < heading> Life Events
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Getting Married
>>>
>>> < category>
>>> < content_category_faq> Adoption
>>>

>>> Basically, I need to group any category/content_category_faq under the
appropriate heading designation so like the following:

>>> Benefits
>>> Health
>>> Medical Coverage
>>> Medical Coverage-PPO
>>> Medical Coverage-HMO
>>> Dental
>>> Financial
>>> Flexible Spending
>>> Life Events
>>> Getting Married
>>> Adoption
>>>
>>> I am in the introductory stages on development on this so I don't have any
existing XSL to demonstrate but I am hoping to make some headway today so I
can repost but any initial help would be very cool. I am working on some
recurse logic as we speak.