Re: [xsl] Converting a string to Uppercase or Lowercase without using translate() ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting a string to Uppercase or Lowercase without using translate() ?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:37:48 -0500
At 2007-11-27 15:14 +0000, Andrew Welch wrote:
or perhaps "manage" your namespaces:

<!ENTITY xslt-ns 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'>

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns="&xslt-ns;" version="2.0">

I know I'm being silly now...

Not really ... I've used entities for namespace URI strings when a vocabulary changes its URI but the transformation of the elements is unchanged: keep a master copy of the stylesheet in a source code control system, deploy copies to two directories, use parameter entities to define general entities with the namespace URI string, and then each stylesheet supports a different version of the URI string.

There were other nuances that allowed me to address the differences between vocabularies, but that was the gist.

I gather from other comments that XML syntactic features would rather be ignored than employed in an XSLT stylesheet. My background is SGML so not only do I not have an aversion to the syntactic constructs, I tend to make use of them when I can.

--
Comprehensive in-depth XSLT2/XSL-FO1.1 classes: Austin TX,Jan-2008