Re: [xsl] Re: Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 16:51:44 +0100 (CET)
Colin Paul Adams wrote:

  Hi Colin,

> doc (concat ("data:application/xml", ';base64,',
> base64Binary($string-value)))

  I don't know any function named base64Binary.  If you mean
xs:base64Binary, I think it should raise an error if your string
contains anything else than the 64 allowed chars.

  Actually, I didn't find any simple way to base64-encode a string in
F&O.  Did I miss something?

> doc (concat ("data:application/xml,",
>              encode-for-iri($string-value)))

  I guess you mean encode-for-uri (URI, not IRI), don't you?

  After a simple test (using the string '<elem/>' and its hard-coded
base64 value 'PGVsZW0vPg==') it seems that Saxon 9 doesn't support the
data scheme, while Gestalt supports it through encode-for-uri but
raises a parsing error with the base64 encoding.

  Regards,

--drkm