Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:30:26 +0000
    >> I then tried it on Saxon 9. It reports error XTSE0210, so I
    >> guess Dr. Kay is ignoring the fragment identifier for the
    >> purposes of XTSE0210. I guess it can be argued either way with
    >> that wording, and perhaps it is deliberately ambiguous. The
    >> main point is that you don't get an infinite recursion whilst
    >> compiling.

I just realized that ignoring the fragment identifier is actually
safer (or at least easier).

Consider:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
   xml:id="me"

   <xsl:import href="#me" />

</xsl:stylesheet>

Saxon reports error XTSE0210 whereas Gestalt goes into an infinite
loop.

So in order to be conformant, Gestalt has somehow to check that the
fragment identifier does not refer to a module already in action.

I shall have to consider how to do this.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire