Re: [xsl] The identity transform and attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] The identity transform and attributes
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:02:25 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
But, if we have @foo standing for attribute::foo and attribute(foo), why can I not do self::@foo?
self::@foo
is short for
self::attribute::foo
and you can never have two axis specifiers in a step.

I agree and I see where you are coming from, but I would've find it a handy way I suppose ;)

Btw, haven't we all tried sometimes to do something like element::attribute::foo, or following-sibling::attibute::foo? I know, all these can be expressed easily differently, but I still vividly remember my struggle with the exceptional cases for attributes (and the odd namespace axes (is that plural for axis?) I only way later started to understand).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma