Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:43:06 GMT
> Your proposed solution allows me only to pass one element of the key,
> when I want the entire contents of the key. Is there something I missed?

you haven't said what you wanted to do with the key so it's hard to know
what to suggest. The code I posted was not restricted to a single
element the parameter value would be all nodes returned for that key
value.

A key is not an object that has a separate existence in xpath so you can
not pass an "entire key" there is never any need, if you want to do the
lookup in the called template rather than looking up one key value and
passing that as a parameter, pass the root node of the original document
as a paramaeter (or make it a global variable) then you can just use
key() to look up keys in that document whichever document you happen to
be in.

David