Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents
From: Steven Ericsson-Zenith <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:11:22 -0800
I confess that I am having trouble making your original suggestion work (using Saxon 9). These comments do help me have a better understanding of what is going on. I do not understand the comment "there is never any need." As noted before, it was my expectation that fn:doc would transform the file in the current scope.

The problem is that the second instance of 'document' has no way of detecting that there is an outer scope. The parameter passing potentially solves that (but I have been unable, so far, to get it to work - initially I though this was simply a naming conflict problem, but it appears not to be).

Can you give brief examples of what you suggest below.

With respect,
Steven