Re: [xsl] Processing business rules using XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing business rules using XSLT
From: "Peter Simard" <pasimard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 08:06:14 -0600
Hello Preston;

The most complex rules I have to process involves carrying forward a
value so as to populate orders in the batch with it.  Imagine the
first row of the batch (purchase orders) has a material number in one
of the fields whereas the actual orders don't contain that value, so I
have to manage to not send the header record (i.e. don't include it in
result XML) but make sure to populate a field with the material number
in the individual purchase order nodes.

The other of the complex rules involves checking a combination of
values in sequential elements to determine the nature of the elements
which follow.

FYI:
This is for implementation in the mapper in BizTalk 2006.  We're
receiving SAP Idocs in XML format and we need to modify the structure
of the XML we forward to another system to conform to it's
requirements.

--
Peter A. Simard
Atlanta, GA