Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 and XQuery Quick Reference Cards

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 2.0 and XQuery Quick Reference Cards
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:15:26 GMT
One comment I'd make is that I'd drop the fn: prefix from the example
signatures. beginners (especially people beginning with XQuery) seem to
think that they need to actually use fn:contains(...) rather than
contains(...) which makes the expression unnecessarily verbose and means
(in xpath and xslt) that you need to declare the fn prefix somewhere.
(If you do keep the fn prefixes, two or three of them have font problems
with the f in sans serif and the n in monospace.
*f*n:node-name and *f*n:base-uri for example.

As a comparison, Dave P's version (which does xslt and xpath core sytax
as well as F&O, but in 5 pages not 2:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/rev2/xslt2.pdf

David