Re: [xsl] fairly complex xslt not giving errors I can understand

Subject: Re: [xsl] fairly complex xslt not giving errors I can understand
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 15:37:41 +0100
David at roamware wrote:

The error I get when opening in Firefox is "
XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Location: file:///D:/DevProjects/mddlQuestFor/schemas/3.0-beta/mddl-3.0-test.xml
Line Number 7953, Column 14:</xsd:schema>g"

Which suggests to me I have not understood the output

That error indicates that there is some "junk" data after the end tag of the document element </xsd:schema>. XML does not allow that so you need to check that file mddl-3.0-test.xml whether it is really well-formed XML.

I also tried this

D:\DevProjects\mddlQuestFor\>java -cp ./xalan.jar;./xercesImpl.jar;./serializer.jar;./xmi-apis.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -I
l -XSL normalised.xslt -OUT test.xml
SystemId Unknown; Line #12; Column #70; Could not find function: ends-with
SystemId Unknown; Line #12; Column #70; function token not found.
(Location of error unknown)java.lang.NullPointerException
SystemId Unknown; Line #12; Column #70; Could not find function: ends-with

Your stylesheet uses the function 'ends-with' defined in XPath 2.0 but you are trying to run it with Firefox or Xalan which only support XSLT and XPath 1.0.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/