RE: [xsl] Processing mixed content. [Was: Parsing complex line (mixed text and markup)]

Subject: RE: [xsl] Processing mixed content. [Was: Parsing complex line (mixed text and markup)]
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:56:56 -0000
> I would think, this solution is more general,

Well, I said there were two approaches, turning the text into elements or
turning the elements into text. I chose the first, you chose the second.
Personally, I find using magic strings like @xyxy rather inelegant.

>Certainly it's easy to implement in XSLT 1.0.

Your solution uses tokenize(). I think either approach will require explicit
recursion in XSLT 1.0. Whether you regard recursion as easy to implement
seems to be a matter where opinions (and skills) vary greatly.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/