Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Slow XSLT
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:25:27 GMT
> Please note that the reason I am using //ColGrp
> is because I do not know how many ColGrp elements I
> will have

without following in detail what processing you are doing it's hard to say but it
would appear that for example you could know that they are all under the
current Columns element and so use .//ColGrp so just search below the
current node rather than the entire document.

But do you really want to process them all at once in the same
selection, you appear to want to build a nested heading row and it would
appear to be more natural to just use apply templates along teh child
axis and go down one level at a time, building up the nested heading as
you go down?

sorry got to dash, perhaps someone else can say more!

David