Re: [xsl] Problem running a 2.0 transformation with JAXP

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem running a 2.0 transformation with JAXP
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:43:42 +0000
On 20/03/2008, hugh <hdixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm  not sure if this is your problem, but I found using MS products, that
>  when I moved from IE6 to IE7 it was more sensitive to the formatting of the
>  URI.
>  In particular
>
>         file:/C:/dirname/filename.csv
>
> would fail.  The URI should be

It should fail on all products. The // is a required part of the
hierarchical part according to RFC 3986. So file:/// (or
file://localhost/, but the former is canonical) is correct.

>         file://C:/dirname/filename.csv

That's interesting. file:///C:/dirname/filename.csv is more normal. Do
IE6 and IE7 reject this?
(I say normal - not correct - there is no standard anyone can point
to. In the example you give, C appears to be treated as userinfo and
an empty password within the authority section, which, whilst
syntacticallt permitted, is not semantically accurate.