[xsl] fo:block affects layout on previous page (remove column separators)

Subject: [xsl] fo:block affects layout on previous page (remove column separators)
From: Per Töyrä <per.toyra@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:27:26 +0200
Hello XSL-List,

I'm creating a three column layout with column separators in the gutter. This is achived with one background image on `region-body`. This works as intended on all pages but creates problems on pages with page-wide objects (span=all) which do not cover the whole page. In my case, I have a lot of page-wide tables with footnotes.

In the space between the page-wide table and the footnote the column separators is showing while I'd like it not to.

I have solved this (partly) by adding a `fo:block` (with background-color set to white) wrapping the table and added

   <xsl:attribute name="space-before">3mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after.optimum">3mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after">110mm</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-after.precedence">5</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:attribute name="space-before.precedence">15</xsl:attribute>

to the table attribute-set. This solution works everywhere except on the last table who's not followed by another table but by a fo:block with a title. This title however is located on the next page but still creates a space between the footnote and the fo:block (containing the table). How is this possible? Am I doing something fundamentaly wrong here? When I remove all data following the last table, everything works like a charm.

In my world, a element shouldn't be able to affect the layout on a previous page, but I'm a newbie at this FO-stuff too... If someone got a better solution to the problem I'd be thrilled to hear about it!

What I really want is the column separators in the gutter to disappear between the table and footnote if there isn't any column-wide content in this area. Is this possible to achive?

Btw, I'm using Antennahouse XSLFormatter 4.2.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Per Tvyrd