Re: [xsl] self axis vs .

Subject: Re: [xsl] self axis vs .
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:40:42 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Kay wrote:

  Hi

> >     *[not(node-name(.) = $to-exclude/node-name(.))]

> And there I was thinking "there's no point doing lazy construction
> of trees; no-one in their right mind is going to create an element
> and then only access its name".

  I did :-)  I find this is the most natural way to create a sequence
of QName in XSLT, more than using the xs:QName() ctor.

> I think I prefer the more direct:

> * except (elem1 | ns:elem)

  Yes, right.

  Actually the use of the sequence of elements is useful nevertheless,
in a specific case: to be able to parameterize an expression (in a
reusable function, or to let a user or another stylesheet to set other
elements trough a parameter).

  Regards,

--drkm