Re: [xsl] Embedded bold,italic,anchors etc.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Embedded bold,italic,anchors etc.
From: Craig Riley <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:00:41 -0400
Hi thanks for the reply, I have tried using the templates but the
problem I had was where to call them from? I don't know how to get the
replace to work within the body of text so to speak.

For example I have:

which could happen in numerous paragraphs within the document.

Whenever I "call" the template the peice of italix text is displayed
outside of the paragraph text! I don't know how to convert the italic
tags into <i></i> tags and keep it within the main body of text?

Sorry if this is obvious :(

Cheers

Craig

Quoting Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>:

Craig Riley wrote:

I have created an XSLT style sheet that does everything I need it to
except for handling embedded text. The XML documents I am transforming
contain the usual italic, bold, superscript, plus hyper links that
need converting into html.

Of course I need them to retain there place in the copy of course.

The key to solve that is usually writing templates for the elements you want to process where you make sure the necessary transformation happens and where you use xsl:apply-templates in the body of the template e.g.

  <xsl:template match="foo">
    <strong>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </strong>