Re: [xsl] Printing CDATA from feed as HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Printing CDATA from feed as HTML
From: "Darcy Parker" <darcyparker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 17:22:59 -0400
Hi Joelle,

The problem is that the text inside the CDATA is parsed as character
data.  It has no structure to it according to the XML parser that is
passing the information along to XSLT.

The disable-output-escapting attribute you tried only applies to the
output... Your interest is to have the CDATA parsed so that you can
process it with XSLT.

I would pre-process the XML and remove the CDATA so that the XML
parser has an opportunity to parse the data inside.

I think the reason the CDATA was inserted was for security... So you
may want to investigate possible security issues when you strip out
the CDATA.

Darcy