Re: [xsl] Difficulty with document() and for-each scope

Subject: Re: [xsl] Difficulty with document() and for-each scope
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:52:31 +0200
Adam Nielsen wrote:

Unfortunately when I do this I use document('') to pull the list of months from the XSLT code itself, but this then stops anything inside the for-each block from being able to pull any further data from the main XML code.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Yes. The de facto (?) way of pulling this trick is to use an anchor variable. Either you set document('')/me:month to a variable, or you set "/" to a variable (before you enter the for-each block). That way you either prevent the scope from shifting to another document (the first approach) or you keep a reference to the original input document (the second approach).

HTH,
Cheers,
-- Abel