Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 support in browsers, as of June 2008

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 support in browsers, as of June 2008
From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:34:33 +0200
M. David Peterson wrote:
I would venture to believe this has more to do with the size of the transformation more than anything else. Dependent upon when the CSS is being injected into the resulting DOM it's likely it won't be applied until the transformation has completed. And given the transformation file won't even begin to be applied until both documents have finished downloading, when coupled with the complexity of the transformation file itself you're looking at a significant amount of time before you'll see the CSS applied, and that's only if it doesn't stumble upon another unrelated problem along the way. I use embedded CSS inside of the XML source fairly regulary, and Opera doesn't have any troubles applying the style. But that's on source and transformation files that are much lighter weight.

OK, so we're guessing :-).

Anyway: the problem is reported and reproduced by others, so hopefully somebody at Opera will figure out what's wrong.

BR, Julian