Re: [xsl] Re: OOXML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: OOXML
From: Deborah Pickett <debbiep-list-xsl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:37:55 +1000
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
Case in point: I don't consider XSLT to be functional because of the hoops
you have to go through to get something resembling lambda functions.  [...]
Not exactly lambda-functions, but various ways of creating dynamically
new functions are well-known and have been supported with FXSL for
years:
[snip]

Yes, those hoops are the ones I was talking about.

Closures are something I'd be curious to see done in XSLT, though I still
have never come across a programming problem in real life that was  best
solved by using them.
Has been done for quite some time; see:
    http://dnovatchev.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!44B0A32C2CCF7488!384.entry

That link was to a discussion on transitive closures (a property of graphs), not the closures I was talking about [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closure_(computer_science)]. Not so much OO as one way to implement OO.