Re: [xsl] Cocoon

Subject: Re: [xsl] Cocoon
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:49:46 +0100
> The biggest con with Cocoon is managing the beast. Cocoon 2.2 does
> configuration/application management better, but it has fewer (stable)
> features.
>
> I can give you a better assessment if you give me more info on XProc and
> what you are trying to do.

It's just that someone told me they were thinking of using Cocoon for
a project and my initial reaction was "don't do that"... based on
nothing more than sentiment and distant memory of people complaining
about it (sorry Cocoon!)

I suggested they look at XProc as (to a certain extent I think) it's a
modern lightweight alternative for Cocoon... but please correct me if
I'm wrong.

Personally I sometimes think that for all the initial gains you get
from using something like Cocoon you lose further into the project
when you have to workaround the limitations/quirks of the system...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com