Re: [xsl] Best Practice - collection() function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Best Practice - collection() function
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:34:34 +0100
> For example, I would use the collection(file:///c:/folder) 3 times in my
> xslt:
>
> * to build a TOC
> * to build a Index
> * Build chapters in a book.
>
> Because I have to build my FO with page sequences, I end up calling the same
> 800 xml files 3 times. Is there a way to do this more efficiently?

Just from a practical perspective, split the three tasks up to be run
individually and then just run whichever one you're working on -
there's no point constructing the index every time you're modifying
something within a chapter.  Once you have them separated, your
question on calling collection() 3 times pretty much goes away.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com