Re: [xsl] Changing the Attibute Value

Subject: Re: [xsl] Changing the Attibute Value
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:45:53 +0200
Buddhi D. Mahindarathne wrote:
1. In this XSL we are specifically searching for "ChamferedRectangle1"
in two places, but the last number "1" will change in XML files. So I
need a way of searching only for "ChamferedRectangle" without "1"

use the XPath function starts-with()

2. After first "template match" we are inside the node set, so can't we
do everything with in that, rather than having multiple matches..???

Exactly. You just have multiple matches and the processor will decide which one matches your input best. But you can do a lot inside it, using xsl:for-each, xsl:copy-of, xsl:value-of, xsl:choose etc. Lookup any manual to find out what instructions are valid. At www.w3schools.org there's a basic tutorial on XSLT.

Cheers,
-- Abel --