Re: [xsl] create XSLT from XML or XSD

Subject: Re: [xsl] create XSLT from XML or XSD
From: henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:47:16 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Michael,
Thank you for your Hint.
Your tool is surely helpful but
1) First i have no JAVA 1.6 on my machine
2) With your Tool i should create some Html file too.
3)I must have XML file
So, i thought actually to make them all with one tool,
if such tool could be found.
Nevertheless, it will be helpful if you create one XSL
sample file from one of my XSDs (one of the smallest)
and let me see how the result look like. Than maybe i
change to Java 1.6 and use your tool.
?

it is a little
--- Michael Dykman <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:

> Sign... I pressed 'reply' too soon..   I'll complete
> the first paragraph.
>
>   ....While it certainly does not expose 100% of
> XSL's functionality,
> it has proved effective for me and my team for rapid
> web development
> and has been used to rip data OUT of html into
> arbitrary XML formats.
> It is extensible and I am anxious to see some
> additional use-cases.
>
> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Michael Dykman
> <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Henry,
> >
> > I have published a tool, Dexter, which does
> precisely that, assumig
> > XSL 1.0 is acceptable.  While most of the
> use-cases I had in mind were
> > designed for XHTML, it's operations are pretty
> generic.  While it
> > certainly does not expose 100% of XSL's
> functionality,
> >
> > I just released a new package a couple of days ago
> which I belive to
> > be stable... at least it has no bugs that I am
> aware of.  I apologize
> > if the documentation is a little dense; it's all
> there but I have had
> > a few complaints about the lack of end-to-end
> quick and dirty
> > examples.
> >
> >           http://code.google.com/p/dexter-xsl/
> >
> > If you do decide to give it a try, I would be more
> than happy to coach
> > you through the leaning curve, but contact me
> directly.  The
> > particulars of Dexter are somewhat outside the
> scope of this list.
> >
> > - michael dykman
> >
> > On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 10:53 AM, henry human
> <henry_human@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >> I have some very large XSD files. It is a little
> sore
> >> to build the according XSL files for them I
> thougth to
> >> generate the XML files for them with the tool and
> >> create the XSL files from the XMLs. Is there any
> tool
> >> which do that??
> >> thanks
> >> henry

> >> Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail.
> >> Dem pfiffigeren Posteingang.
> >> http://de.overview.mail.yahoo.com
> >>

> > --
> >  - michael dykman
> >  - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> >  - All models are wrong. Some models are useful.
> >

> --
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx
>
>  - All models are wrong. Some models are useful.

Ungl|cklich mit Ihrer Mail-Adresse?

Millionen neuer Mail-Adressen - jetzt bei Yahoo!

http://de.docs.yahoo.com/mail/wunschmailadresse/index.html