Re: [xsl] Date YYYYMMDD format XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Date YYYYMMDD format XSLT 2.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:54:34 +0100
> The date could be optional can be taken as 01 by default. So the desired
> output required in "YYYYMMDD format".

where do you put it if it is not optional?

<chapter version="Feb. 01, 2000"/>

?

<chapter version="Feb. 01 2000"/>

?

<chapter version="01 Feb. 01, 2000"/>

?

<chapter version="1st Feb. 2000"/>

?

Assuming it's not there at all you can do

<chapter
version="{substring-after(@version,'.')}{
          index-of($months,substring-before(@version,'. '))}

where months is defined by

<xsl:variable name="months" select="('Jan','Feb',Mar',.....

> I am using the  XSLT 2.0 and thinking of using translate() functions
translate only handles character-for-character mappings, you need either
replace() to do regular expression replaces, or substring functions.

David