RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1

Subject: RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1
From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:42:35 -0600
I'd like to throw in my two cents here.

I know MSXML (and perhaps Saxon and libxslt, I haven't looked into it) offers
a startMode parameter, which allows processing to start in a specified mode.
This is a very useful way to roll several smaller stylesheets into one generic
stylesheet. Is there an easy way to include a switch or parameter like this in
the proposed <xsl:mode> enhancements? As it stands right now, the only way to
specify this is in the processor's implementation.

Note that I'm not trying to tailgate in dozens of additional theoretical "this
might be useful somewhere" requirements a la CSS3. I'm just saying that it's
come across as a basic common-usage requirement in several places in my own
usage, and it'd be great to have it defined in the basic specification
somewhere. :)

~ Scott