RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1

Subject: RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 16:43:19 -0000
> In 2.0 you also have the "initial template" parameter so you
> can start the transform at any named template, which is much
> more useful and kind of makes the initial mode parameter redundant.

Yes, if I have a stylesheet with multiple entry points then I tend to use
the "initial template" mechanism rather than "initial mode" to distinguish
them. In principle I've always felt "initial mode" should be a good idea
when you want to run one phase of a multi-phase stylesheet, but I've never
had occasion to put this idea into practice.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/