Re: [xsl] FO: block, padding and border

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: block, padding and border
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:35:55 -0500
At 2008-11-18 19:21 +0000, vasu chakkera wrote:
My intent is lost in trivial details :)...

Everyone's contribution is always welcome!

Of course you can use a block inside a block and not use the of:inline.

What I was suggesting was to pad the content and not the block on top of it.

The processor does what you ask it do. The padding is applied to which ever
area scope you specify the padding parameters.

I worry about the use of padding because everything appears to be fine when the child has the same background as the parent ... however, when the backgrounds are different the effects may not be as desired.