[xsl] Issue with large XML doc and crashes

Subject: [xsl] Issue with large XML doc and crashes
From: "Marijan (Mario) Madunic" <hajduk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:11:10 -0800
(Using Saxon9 on WindowsXP, dual core 6400, 3.25gigs ram)

The doc I'm working with is 20megs+ and it is being parsed using a for-each statement, while being inserted into a main doc. (What is happening is more than likely a memory issue, as my computer crashes during the transform; I've figured it out to be more than half done when this happens.) I have my ANT_OPTS set the following: set ANT_OPTS="-Xmx1272m"

But my question concerning XSLT is. Is there a function that discards the current node from memory once it has been parsed. Or am I way off base here. Want to look up this avenue before doing a reinstall of Java and ANT and delve deeper into if the issue is something in my OS.

Thanks

Marijan (Mario) Madunic